“How do you guys travel so often?”
“What’s your secret to constant travel?”
“How can I find good deals like you?”
“Can you help me budget for my trip?”
Over the years I have been asked these questions on many different occasions, and I love the conversations that follow. Travel is a main priority in my life right now, so to help others do what I do is an incredible feeling.
Unfortunately I don’t have a money tree, and I don’t have buckets of cash from an inheritance or the lottery (one could only be so lucky), and surprisingly you don’t need my Business Finance degree either… So let’s lay it out there folks, today I’m revealing my secrets to traveling and traveling often.
- Think about your Vacation Mood
Where do you want to Travel? Somewhere close or an exotic location far away? What do you want to do? Relax, go on an exciting adventure, or maybe a little bit of both. Read my blog post about finding your RIGHT Vacation Mood for more ideas and to help get you focused.
- Start Early!
I’m talking a year out my friends. Figure out your Vacation Mood and then start researching destinations that will meet your criteria. Starting early allows you to set a baseline of expenses so you can snag that great airline sale when it pops up. A head start also allows you to collect those necessary pennies!
- The Internet is your Friend
The world is at your fingertips with the internet. Use travel search engines like: Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Kayak, VRBO.com, and more to help you find good deals. Check out my posts about saving money with Hotwire car rentals (here and here), and if you’re looking to score cheap flights on Kayak.com click on the next two posts (here and here). Scoring travel deals is a real thing my friends!
$$ Money, Mula, Dough, Cash, Yen, Euros $$
- (Yikes, are we really going to talk about this?) While it is a sensitive subject, I wrote about our budgeting tips (and our “bonus” paychecks) in the World Travelers Plan of Action. Check it out!
- Unfortunately, while there are no “magic tricks” to make cash appear, sometimes it sure feels like it if you stick to your budget. The Magic of Budgeting breaks it all down for you.
Tips While on Vacation:
- Save money during your vacation so you can travel again! Read about how to Travel on $40 a day
- And finally, make sure you know how to Have the Best Vacation Ever
There you have it. My secrets to finding good deals, my secrets to finding the cash, my secrets to having the best vacation ever. What do you think? Tell me, where are you headed to next? Are you going to use some of the above secrets. 🙂