Adventure Awaits

“We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”

The more I travel, the more my eyes are opened… to the good, the bad, the ugly, the positive, the beautiful, and the inspiring. I see that at the end of the day we are all the same–we all want to love and be loved, to make those we love happy and proud, to feel like we have a purpose, and to connect with those around us.

IMG_9036

Traveling allows me to feel, breathe, experience, learn, understand, and to grow, and I always return home with a clearer sense of gratitude for our life and all of the people in it.

So tell me, what is your favorite part about traveling?

• July 17, 2015 / 2:38 PM

Great answer! I agree completely. I love trying the local cuisine. What’s your favorite local cuisine that you’ve sampled so far? 🙂

• July 17, 2015 / 3:37 PM

Strangely I liked the guinea pig stews in Peru. But felt some guilt since some of my favorite play mates we’rey pet hamsters and guinea pigs 🙁

• July 17, 2015 / 7:00 PM

Peru would be awesome… I haven’t been to South America, but would love to go. 🙂 I am a pescetarian (and hopefully a vegetarian one day) so Guinea Pig stew would be out of the question for me, but I do like to try and sample the local cuisine sans meat… 🙂

• July 17, 2015 / 3:02 PM

James,
      I love the feeling of walking out of work and knowing that you don’t have to set your alarm for a week or two (well maybe besides to catch your flight). 😉 That freedom feeling is pretty incredible. Nice answer!

• July 17, 2015 / 3:02 PM

Thanks, that’s what it’s all about for me

1. July 17, 2015 / 2:51 PM

My favorite part of traveling is seeing new places, eating new foods, and just relaxing in beautiful destinations! 🙂

• July 17, 2015 / 3:03 PM

Shauna,
      I couldn’t agree more with your answer. I love exploring and seeing new places and relaxing in beautiful destinations makes it that much better. 🙂 How many more months until the Maldives? 🙂

• July 17, 2015 / 3:05 PM

Haha well we won’t book anything until after we know what our taxes look like next year! So HOPEFULLY 11 months! 🙂

2. July 18, 2015 / 2:26 AM

Opening up to strangers and getting to know their way of life

• July 18, 2015 / 9:18 PM

Claudia,
      That is definitely one of the best aspects of traveling. 🙂

3. July 18, 2015 / 2:58 AM

I love the fact that you’re completely free and that every day is a new adventure. I also love the quote: “Traveling makes you speechless, but turns you into a storyteller when you’re back”.

• July 18, 2015 / 9:19 PM

Dina, I love that quote! 🙂 Thanks for sharing. Great answer, I couldn’t agree more.

4. July 28, 2015 / 1:25 PM

Dina, that is a great quote. I think the one thing that travel does is open our eyes and helps us realize that our reality is better than anything we could dream of. We live in such a beautiful world with so much wonder. There is so much to discover and being fortunate enough to do so is a blessing within iteself!