Happy Aloha Friday my beautiful friends!
Cocktails and the beach sort of go hand-in-hand (for me, anyways), and over the years I’ve shared a few different drink recipes here on the blog. There’s nothing better than enjoying a cold one while sitting in the sand and watching the sun set.
I’m always searching for ways to incorporate those dreamy-warm-fuzzy-vacation-feelings into my daily life and one of my favorite pastimes is enjoying a cocktail out on my covered patio in the late afternoons of summer. For the record, I don’t drink excessively, I just like to explore my beverage options on occasion. 🙂
With spring upon us and summer right around the corner, I wanted to share a super easy recipe for Lemon Drop Martinis. They are one of my favorites and making them at home just got a LOT easier! I’ll be honest, when I saw the “simple syrup” ingredient I almost skipped right past this recipe–until I realized how simple Simple Syrup is to make. Let’s just say it’s called Simple for a reason.
The Perfect Lemon Drop Martini
- 2 ounces vodka
- ½ ounce Triple Sec
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- shaker filled with ice
- superfine sugar (for the martini glass rim)
- lemon wedge (for sugaring rim)
- lemon twist to garnish
- Run the lemon wedge along the outer edge of a martini glass and dip glass immediately in sugar to coat rim. Chill martini glasses in freezer after sugared.
- Add all liquid ingredients into an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake what your momma gave ya for about 30 seconds. 😉
- Strain martini into the chilled glasses, garnish with a lemon twist or lemon wheel and enjoy!
Cheers to the weekend!