The Bucket List: An Update

Three and a half years ago I hit the publish button for the very first time, and on that whim Pictures and Plane Tickets was created. In the beginning, I wanted to document our adventures around the world and hoped to find other travel-obsessed bloggers to share my passion with. I didn’t know it at the time, but a main priority over the next three (plus) years would be finding adrenaline-filled adventures around the world and checking off some seriously cool Bucket List items. I’ve always had grand goals, detailed plans, and the belief that if I write down my dreams I have an increased chance of turning those dreams into achievable goals.

I enjoy reading about places that I have no intentions of immediately visiting, and within the daydreams, I often find myself gravitating to new experiences that I can add to my never-ending Bucket List. If you would have asked me four years ago, I would have never dreamed that I could actually experience so many bucket list items in such a short amount of time; and in this moment, I can only imagine where the next four years will take us… it goes without saying but, I’m excited for what’s in store.

See my updated Bucket List here.

Santorini SunsetSo tell me, what’s on your bucket list?

1. April 15, 2015 / 4:13 PM

As far as travel, my bucket list includes fairly mundane stuff. I have literature degree, so England is a big priority. I would love to see the Alps, and the glaciers in Alaska. And I always want to go back to Hawaii and Italy.

• April 16, 2015 / 9:35 AM

Great list! I really want to go to Alaska as well, and I would love the chance to go to Italy! 🙂
      My blogger friend Kristina writes about her adventures in England and all over Europe, I think you would really like it. Check it out when you have a moment: (https://littleweekendtrot.wordpress.com/)
      I hope you have a fabulous day! 🙂

• April 16, 2015 / 9:49 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the link. Checking it out now. Friends of ours flew into Anchorage last Summer, rented an RV and did Alaska that way. They said it was simply amazing. I so want to do it! I don’t have enough words to convey my love of Italy. 😉

2. April 15, 2015 / 10:00 PM

I love that island it’s really amazing ,it’s a rodeo drive of Mediterranean

• April 16, 2015 / 9:36 AM

That sounds incredible! 🙂 Hoping to do a little Greece island hopping sometime soon. Keeping my fingers crossed!

3. April 16, 2015 / 7:46 AM

My bucket list includes having a backyard getaway that makes us feel like we’re on vacation. -Valerie

• April 16, 2015 / 9:39 AM

Valerie,
      When you are done with your beautiful backyard, will you please come over and do mine? 🙂 My pinterest board is full of awesome backyard ideas, I just need to figure out a way to make it happen… I’m not the most capable when it comes to the yard 😉 haha! I guess I can always keep dreaming. Great bucket list item, thanks for sharing!

4. April 16, 2015 / 9:24 AM

The pyramids of Egypt… the pyramids of Central America… Patagonia… Antarctica… The Great Wall of China… 🙂

• April 16, 2015 / 9:40 AM

Those are some really cool Bucket List items. Good luck in your adventures! 🙂

5. April 16, 2015 / 3:24 PM

The Maldives is the only place on my list! I want to go so badly!!!!!!!!

• April 16, 2015 / 8:50 PM

Shauna, what a great bucket list item! 🙂 It’s on my list too, just not on this particular list (yet) 🙂 I hope you get to go soon so I can live vicariously through you!

• April 17, 2015 / 10:06 AM

I am hoping for next year! We were going to go in June of this year, but then we filed our taxes!!!!!! UGH!

• April 17, 2015 / 12:07 PM

Girl, I hear you! Tax time is no fun for us either… 🙁 I am hoping you go next year too! I want to see all the incredible pictures. My husband and I are looking into Fiji or Tahiti for our five year anniversary next year. 🙂

• April 17, 2015 / 12:21 PM

Wow!!! That will be gorgeous too! We would be on a “tight” budget (I use that term loosely, but in relation to the Maldives I assume it is super cheap). All the money we had we are paying into taxes. I can’t wait for your pictures too! 🙂

6. April 17, 2015 / 4:11 AM

Thank you for liking firs post on my blog! I found a great blog to read myself haha! Looks amazing 🙂

• April 17, 2015 / 12:08 PM

Thank you 🙂 Welcome to the blog-o-sphere! I hope you enjoy the community as much as I have.

• April 17, 2015 / 12:30 PM

Thank you! So far I’ve been loving it 🙂

7. April 21, 2015 / 3:21 PM

I am with you- Greece is on the top of my list of where I want to visit next.

• April 22, 2015 / 10:39 AM