Weekly Photo Challenge-The Golden Hour

Sunrise.

It’s my favorite time in Kauai. The quietness before the day’s planned adventures gives me time to reflect, to appreciate the beauty around me, and to feel humble gratitude for the life I have been given.

I found myself browsing through hundreds of photos trying to find the perfect shot for the challenge this week. Going through all of these photos brought back wonderful memories of our travels over the last five years.

My husband has been patiently teaching me Lightroom and Photoshop over the last few days and when I saw his most recent edit I was blown away. He’s kind enough to let me share it on the blog today. I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I do.

Kauai Sunrise

Check out the rest of his amazing work at: http://500px.com/codycallaway

1. Cody
    July 14, 2013 / 11:56 AM

It’s an honor to have one of my pictures posted on your blog. Keep up the amazing work.

• July 16, 2013 / 8:03 PM

Thanks for your patience in teaching me lightroom. 🙂

2. July 14, 2013 / 5:58 PM

Once you learn to master lightroom you won’t want to use anything else in your post processing. It is amazing how you can make a picture pop with this program

• July 16, 2013 / 8:03 PM

I really like all of the functions so far, and it’s super easy to use. My type of program…

• July 16, 2013 / 8:04 PM

This was from one of the first mornings in Kauai. Those first mornings are always the best. 🙂

3. July 15, 2013 / 7:16 AM

What beautiful pictures! Cody has developed the true masters eye for the uniqueness of photo taking. Each one of them tells its own little story. Every time I look at them I see something different and marvel at the colors, angles and details of the subjects. It will be interesting to see where this talent takes him in life. Please keep sharing his pictures.

• July 16, 2013 / 8:04 PM

Yes, he does have an amazing talent. I like looking at his photos as well! Thanks for reading, gramz.