Weekly Photo Challenge-Color

This week’s photo challenge should be a fun one as we all have our “favorite” color. Mine changes from time to time, but it is usually Pink, Purple, Yellow, and Cyan (sounds like the colors in most sunsets near the ocean, right?). I guess for me, choosing a favorite color is like choosing a favorite kid–or in my case, a favorite dog. I don’t think I could choose, I love color!

When my husband and I traveled to Barbados last summer I was extremely excited to see the Pink Sand beaches that I had read so much about. The photos I saw online looked amazing, and one of my favorite bloggers, Jordan, just returned from a recent trip so the anticipation was killing me! I had never been to a pink sand beach before.

Upon our arrival, the beach didn’t disappoint: a beautiful crescent-shaped beach, soft sand with a pink hue, and that beautiful cyan Caribbean water that I can never get enough of.

Barbados Pink Sand Beach

Barbados WavesWhat is your favorite color? Have you been to a colorful beach?

1. April 9, 2013 / 2:11 PM

Hi Krystle! I haven’t had a chance to stop by your page in awhile. Your photos dragged me in. I shared on Facebook. Hope you don’t mind 🙂

• April 9, 2013 / 2:25 PM

Hi Susan!! I appreciate you stopping by. Thank you. What an honor that you are sharing my photos via Facebook, I don’t mind at all. 🙂 Hope you are doing well! Any fun cruises planned soon?

• April 9, 2013 / 7:44 PM

My husband and I have a little romantic (hopefully!) getaway planned on, get this, the Disney Dream. And no, I am not a Disney nut. I just hear the adult offerings are great and I want to try it out myself so I can tell couples if it is yeah or nay. Hubby thinks I’m nuts, and he would know 🙂 LOL
        I wanted to ask you something privately. Can you drop me a note at nylasher@bellsouth.net ?
        Thanks! And keep those posts coming. I love them all.

• April 9, 2013 / 9:22 PM

An email has been sent. Hope to hear from you soon! Have a great evening.

2. April 9, 2013 / 5:03 PM

I just returned from a black sand beach. I loved the contrast between the black sand and my brightly painted red toenails with the white surf rushing up. This pink sand is pretty, too. Very relaxing.

• April 9, 2013 / 9:21 PM

Oooo, a black sand beach? Those are always breathtaking. What beach did you visit, if you don’t mind my asking?

3. Cody
    April 9, 2013 / 11:46 PM

Ahh def two of my favorite colors I have ever seen in the wild. That beach was gorgeous. I sometimes go there in my mind when frustrated at work or school.

4. April 11, 2013 / 7:53 AM

I have no favorite color, but I love seeing the sand, the ocean, and the sky. I’ve never been to black or pink sand beaches. Sounds fantastic!