Mountains, Glaciers, & Waterfalls

Is it almost the middle of March already?!

These last few weeks have flown by! Between a concussion and physical therapy for a sprained elbow ligament, I have been researching and booking our trip to Norway this May. After checking and double checking our information (and calling my grandma and cousin to re-confirm dates), I was able to find competitive flights overseas and have finished booking the remainder of our vacation.

We will be spending seven days on a cruise along the western coast of Norway, visiting beautiful coastal cities such as Bergen and Ålesund, and exploring two of the most breathtaking fjords in the world: Gierangerfjord and Sognefjord (fjord sounds like fi-yord, only one syllable)After our cruise we are meeting up with family in Oslo to explore our roots and the capital’s history. I am very excited because Oslo was included in the New York Times list of 46 places to Go in 2013.

As I discussed in a previous post, I am still learning Norwegian and I am almost through the entire set of lessons (I guess my husband will have to order me the next set of lessons–hint, hint) 😉 Once I was able to politely order a glass of beer in Norwegian, I knew that my learning had been a success! I still have a long ways to go in order to be fluent but one day I hope to be there.

For now, this dream trip is only 65 days away…

Norway (1)

Alesund, Norway

Alesund, Norway

Norway-Geiranger

The Northern Lights

Norway-Bergen
Flam railway; photo credit

Flam railway; photo credit

*Except where otherwise noted, all photos found here.

1. March 11, 2013 / 6:09 PM

So…. is this a river cruise? I cant wait to hear about this one…. This area remains on our bucket list…

• March 11, 2013 / 6:13 PM

Hi there! It’s a western Norway fjords cruise. It departs from Denmark and cruises up to Alesund. It then makes its way back down the western side of Norway, stopping at coastal towns and cruising up into some of the breathtaking fjords.

2. March 11, 2013 / 7:29 PM

Å lære norsk Minner meg om Lilyhammer på Netflix

• March 17, 2013 / 8:22 AM

🙂 Is that a show about the mob? I’ve heard about it, but haven’t seen it.

• March 17, 2013 / 10:23 AM

A mob informant who gets put in witness protection. Picks Lillehammer because of the Olympics. He even named his cat lily. Steve van zandt is the main character. He was in the sopranos Plays guitar for the e street band as well.

• March 17, 2013 / 1:37 PM

Yep, that’s the one I was thinking of… is it worth watching?

• March 17, 2013 / 1:49 PM

It’s different and grows on you. One of the shticks is him learning to speak Norwegian. You will like that part. Only 7 episodes so not much of a gamble.

3. March 13, 2013 / 9:21 AM

It looks just beautiful! I was lucky to visit Lake Como, Italy, where my family is from!

• March 17, 2013 / 8:23 AM

I think it is always neat to trace our roots. Lake Como looks beautiful!

4. March 28, 2013 / 5:41 AM

Hi Krystle!
    this next adventure looks just awesome! I recently came up with your adventurous blog and I am amazed with all the incredible places you’ve visited! I really enjoyed going through your posts! I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your posts on Glipho? I bet that our users would love to read you! It’s a quite new social publishing platform, where you can connect to every social network accounts, really easy to use it and communicate with your followers. In additional, you are able to import the posts from your blog in a super-easy way without affecting it at all.

Please, have a look and take a tour to know more about http://glipho.com/ and if you feel like it, in one click you can set up your account!

I hope you will join our Glipho community soon.
    All the best,