Jamaica’n Me Crazy!

Today I am posting my 100th post! Thank you for your continued support and for always tuning in to follow along on our adventures.

By now, we all know that I am a planner. I love to plan. The anticipation, the organization, the researching, the daydreaming–to me, planning is one of the best parts to any vacation.

Christmas Vacation? Yes, please!

Besides the anticipation and daydreaming, another great aspect to planning in advance is giving yourself an opportunity to build your vacation fund over a long period of time. (No time to save money=no vacation) πŸ™Β Planning in advance is one of the main reasons our trip to Norway is going to materialize next year. Of course, sometimes a lot of time to plan and a huge vacation fund is not needed (i.e. weekend getaways, day trips, and staycations).

The one negative thing about early planning can be summed up in one word: WAITING.

Case in point:

So, am I the only one that makes myself crazy with a long wait? How early do you begin to plan your vacations?

1. August 2, 2012 / 6:20 PM

We plan way way in advance. My countdown clock started at 6 months to go, Congrats on a 100

• August 3, 2012 / 6:23 PM

Thank you. My countdowns always start super early as well. It makes me excited to start planning and watching the vacation fund grow, but the wait seems to get harder and harder with each trip.

2. cody
    August 2, 2012 / 9:08 PM

100! That’s awesome babe. Great post!

• August 15, 2012 / 9:39 AM

Thanks for your support and for always reading πŸ™‚

3. August 4, 2012 / 8:15 AM

I am planning a trip to Paris. Next summer. Yeah, I like to plan a little (a lot) too.

4. August 5, 2012 / 8:28 AM

We always plan 6 months-1 year ahead. It is nice to be able to save so that credit card doesn’t get too high! I’m actually going crazy now. We are going to Italy next month, but I’ve been waiting since March!

• August 5, 2012 / 9:43 AM

You’re absolutely right. We never charge vacations on the credit card as that would get spendy real quick. πŸ™‚ Italy is going to be amazing. I can’t wait to read all about it and see the lovely photos.

5. August 7, 2012 / 3:03 PM

Waiting makes me crazy too ! But it’s always good to have something like this to look forward too πŸ™‚

• August 8, 2012 / 1:32 PM

I’m glad that I’m not the only one, Jordan. πŸ™‚ You’re right it is good to have something to look forward to. Thanks for stopping by.

6. August 13, 2012 / 7:01 AM

I like to plan but most often, my long haul trips are planned around 4-6 months in advance. Shorter trips, anything from a few days earlier to a few weeks/months. If it’s way in advance, I do my best to forget about it before going crazy with it πŸ™‚ – Congrats on your 100th post!

• August 15, 2012 / 9:39 AM

Thanks for stopping by. It sounds like six months is a good jumping off point for big trips. I’m glad that I’m not the only one who plans far in advance. Now I just need to perfect the “forgetting so I don’t go crazy with it” πŸ™‚ Have a great day!