A Time-Honored Tradition wrapped in Sin

Happy First Day of Spring!

Spring Break is a time-honored tradition, isn’t it? Every spring, college students put away the books and forget about the exams (at least for a week anyways), and travel to the locations that they have been dreaming about since Christmas. Throughout my college years I found myself going back to the same location, year after year: Las Vegas, Nevada (said in my best radio-star voice). The location has everything that a broke college student could ever want: cheap hotels, cheap food, cheap entertainment, and cheap alcohol. 😉 Most importantly, I was able to get out of the cold wintery weather of my small college town, and spend a few days in the warm weather of the desert.

We would spent our days exploring the strip, window shopping, and laying by the pool. At nights we would try our luck at gambling, do a little drinking, and soak up the nightlife. During our first Spring Break in Vegas we actually won enough money on the slots to pay for our entire week in the City of Sin. 🙂 While browsing through old photos from that trip, I am surprised that it was four years ago, it feels like it was just last year.

While my traveling standards may have raised slightly since those broke college days, Las Vegas remains a place that I just can’t get enough of. I am looking forward to traveling back to the City of Sin in a little over a month, not to indulge for Spring Break, but to attend an underwriting conference, which will be just as fun, right? 🙂

1. March 20, 2012 / 8:40 PM

I would LOVE to go to Vegas! Long way away though, from Canberra.

• March 24, 2012 / 10:45 PM

I just got back from there! Its totally worth the distance.. Im from Sydney 🙂

• March 25, 2012 / 8:52 AM

I hope you enjoyed your trip! Do you have a favorite thing about Las Vegas?

• March 25, 2012 / 3:44 PM

The cocktails are some of the best in the world but I just love the atmosphere. You can walk around endlessly and you never run out of things to see. Oh and I loved the pool at the Luxor where we stayed 🙂

2. March 20, 2012 / 8:50 PM

It’s in my bucketlist this year. Too bad it won’t be soon though. And certainly not during summer.

• March 21, 2012 / 7:07 PM

Rommel, thanks for reading. The first time I went to Las Vegas was for my 21st birthday (in June) and temperature highs were 115-120 degrees. It was so uncomfortable; we spent most of our time in the casinos or at the pool. 🙂 Have fun, Vegas is an amazing place!

3. Cody
    March 22, 2012 / 6:37 PM

I miss good ol Las Vegas. Your lucky you get to go there in the next month (I’m going to miss you a lot). I love reading your blog (in fact I haven’t checked my mail in a couple days so I am catching up on your blog now).

4. March 23, 2012 / 1:28 PM

i’ve not been in years. love it there

• March 24, 2012 / 2:13 PM

Thanks for reading, Elle. It has been a few years for me as well, I can’t wait to go back.

5. Cody
    March 28, 2012 / 10:27 AM

I’m jeleous you get to go in april. We haven’t been there in awhile and need to plan a trip soon. Lots of fun