HAPPY NEW YEAR!
The first day of this new year is upon us, so I wanted to take a minute and look back at 2011. What a wonderful year it was! There were some ups and downs, but we had a lot of fun and have memories that we will cherish forever. Here’s a quick rundown of the highlights from this last year:
- The spring was full of wedding planning and flew by. In April, I began the 101 in 1001 days challenge. This challenge is a list of 101 goals to be completed in 1001 days. To date, I have accomplished 22 of these goals.
- My sister-in-law threw me a bridal shower in April, and then in May we were off to Lava Hot Springs, Idaho, for my surprise bachelorette party. What a fun night!
- On June fourth I married my best friend. The day was filled with amazing moments shared with our closest friends and family. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day.
- The day after the wedding we traveled to Maui, Hawaii, for our two week honeymoon in paradise. I love Hawaii, it’s one of my favorite places on Earth.
- June was the month of weddings as we were able to attend two of my best friends’ weddings one week apart from one another.
- The summer was filled with fun concerts: The Airborne Toxic Event, The Decemberists, and Bright Eyes. Three of our favorite bands visited our hometown and we had a blast!
- In August we took a road trip to Wendover, Nevada, and did a little gambling for one of my cousins’ birthdays. We didn’t win big, but we definitely enjoyed ourselves.
- We also did a lot of bbq’ing this summer at my aunt’s house up in Northern Utah. I love sitting around the campfire, roasting marshmallows, and laughing until my stomach hurts with some of my favorite people.
- The last few months have been full of fun and celebrations. We went to a Halloween party in October; we channeled our creative side and made costumes for the dogs… we were the Ghostbusters! My husband celebrated his 30th birthday over Thanksgiving weekend in November.
- In the month of December we did a lot of traveling up north to go to all of our family Christmas parties. We went on our first horse drawn carriage ride around downtown Salt Lake with family who were visiting from out of town, and we celebrated Christmas a little early by watching the Utah Jazz from row 8. They won in the final seconds!
So what’s ahead for 2012, you ask? We have an exciting second honeymoon in the works, the location is still a surprise. I do know that it will be somewhere warm and tropical! We are going to try to attend another professional (or even a college) football game in the fall. We are planning a trip to Las Vegas, a trip to California to see family and friends, and we are beginning the exciting (and slightly daunting) process of buying our first home. We have a lot in store and we can’t wait to share it with you!